The Hostess

Recipes, etiquette tips, party log.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Oops I done did it again

That's right, folks. I've been left at the altar again! Picture me, in my cream pantsuit, covered in baby's breath -- I'd been watching my sister's grandchild. Being barren, I've never been able to have one of my own, although I'm a great collector of Marie Osmond's dolls! -- and wondering "where the boys are."
You see, it turned out my recent whirlwind romance was just that. Wind. Consequently, I've been on a many months-long bender since. (Don't worry girls, there is a silver lining. I've been able to catch several episodes of a great little show called "Ghost Whisperer," about a dead stripper who solves crimes!)
Nevertheless, I'm back ... and ready to "dish" the recipes from the "honeymooners" cookbook I no longer have any need for!
Here's a recipe for lime or orange parfait. I originally planned this treat for my honeymoon dinner. Alas, instead of a groom and parfait, I ended up dancing alone to "Muskrat Love" in front of several coworkers and a few friends. (I have no children, as I have mentioned.)
Lime or orange parfait.
Place alternate layers of lime or orange ice or sherbet and vanilla ice cream in chilled parfait glasses or sherbet cups. Top with salty tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home