The Hostess

Recipes, etiquette tips, party log.

Monday, January 15, 2007

When Life Gives You Lemons...

All I can say is this. Thank God I was at bingo that night in 1957! Not only did I win $50 and an Art Linkletter troll doll (a collector's item), but I avoided being reduced to human char and left for dead!
You see, my house burnt to the ground that night. (The crockpot hadn't been invented yet and I was slow-cooking my husband's shirts.) When I returned home from the bingo hall, all of my worldly possessions -- including the mattress with the embarrassing stain -- were layed out on the lawn, soaked with smoke and water. The only thing left was a picture of the house, two lemons and some sugar.
I immediately borrowed Miss Massengill's blender and voila! Lemonade!

Good attitude lemonade
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about two lemons)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Fill blender with lemon juice, sugar and water. Fill to the top with ice. Blend. Pour into a lovely pitcher with the two remaining lemon hulls. Smile and think, "At least I'm not dead."

1 Comments:

Blogger The hostess said...

Babette,
If there's one thing you teach those children, teach them this: abusive alcoholics can change (if they're married to the right woman!)

January 16, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home