The Hostess

Recipes, etiquette tips, party log.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My cross to bear

As several reputable doctors can tell you, the back of my head is completely flat. Pancake flat, they've said. (You can look up the medical reports yourself, if you must. But it really is none of your business.) You see, my flat head is a hereditary condition passed down through the women in my family. And because of it -- like my mother before me and her mother before her -- I am able to nap nearly anywhere.

It really is a curse. Whenever I lay upon a bus station bench or a particularly cozy ironing board, it isn't long before the Sandman comes for a visit. And that is why many of you saw me fast asleep on the railroad tracks outside of the Jolly Roger's Market and Bakery on Saturday afternoon. Thank you for your concern, but I was not drunk again.

Dip. Nothing goes quite so well with an afternoon nap. And when I serve dip, I always offer my guests a basket of warm homemade crostini. They're delicious and a great way to get rid of those stale bread sticks you've been saving, too!

Crostini
Cut the breadsticks into small circles. (You can also use pita triangles, French bread or any other of the more decorative breads.) Slather the bread rounds with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home