The Hostess

Recipes, etiquette tips, party log.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Babette, left at the altar

My dear friend Babette Streisler has once again been left heartbroken prior to her wedding. (Perhaps the fifth time will be the charm. Poor Babette.) Anyway, have you heard of e-mail? I haven't. But apparently Babette's fiance used it to leave her at the altar! Can you imagine breaking someone's heart with an invention?

Well, in order to salvage the poor woman's reputation, the gals got together at Babette's house on Saturday evening. (After the party, we all decided that if poor Babette stays single any longer, the city's female bus drivers will just start assuming things about her. I mean, I even considered asking her to build me a deck the other day!)

Whenever I get invited to a party (which doesn't happen very often because people are very busy these days), I like to bring a smattering of albums from my record collection. (I feel it's my responsibility to help others learn to have good taste.) Here are a few I picked out especially for Babette...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Designer said...

By the looks of 'em, those records could change anyone's life — for the better. You truly are a miracle worker!

January 22, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home